Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Views of IPads - FMRHS Pilot Program

Since e introduction of IPads into our everyday educational careers, I have found myself in awe of how productive I can be with these devices. Upon first hearing of the pilot program, I was almost skeptical of the efficiency and creativity that such a device could bring us, but I was also blind to the Apple software's capabilities before now. And so when the experiment with the IPads began, I saw that I was very wrong about them Since their initial adoption in our classes, I personally have become adept in the use of the tablet, and can now organize and take notes with efficiency unparalleled by more traditional binder and notebook methods. At the same time, I find myself inspired by the many applications offered, and the technological options that let us create, work on, and develop School projects or presentations like never before. Even if it is a standard PowerPoint presentation, I find it easier to work on and collaborate, especially since I am not limited to a desktop computer area. So far the only disadvantage that I see is that if you have no wireless Internet at home, like myself, then you are unable to utilize all features of the IPad 2, but it is still a wonderful tool without Internet access. And so I am excited to see what other opportunities can be opened up by our Ipads for our educational benefit.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering---now that you have been utilizing the iPad for a few weeks, what do you think are the most important apps for your introduction to the device?

    Dr. Livingston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I find that knowing how to use the basics; the notepad app(s), the painting, drawing and diagraming apps such as Interactive Painting Board and Educreations, as well as just learning to navigate the device as quickly as possible and efficiently as possible. Form their, I think letting students discover how to do certain things and more obscure details or apps, is more educationally inspiring and strengthens our curiosity. It also assists in teaching us to utilize and control the tablet when we are given the responsibility to learn most other apps, and will give us experience that can help other students or even teachers who may want to find the benefit in these applications, but may not know how to operate them.

    ReplyDelete