Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

iPad review

Having the iPads in our APUSH class has been an interesting experience, and honestly, I don't think it has been entirely beneficial. There's nothing I can do on the iPad that I can't do on a computer, but there's lots I can do on a computer and not on the iPad. The iPads do not currently have Adobe flash, which would be helpful to have. Our class has still taken field trips to the computer lab because the iPads do not have flash, and we have had the mobile lab in our room for the past two days.
I use the calculator app in my math class, just so I don't have to take out my actual calculator. My other two classes both use computers, so I don't need to use my iPad at all. Having the iPad has improved my level of understanding in several classes, because I can google my question instead of having to wait to ask the teacher. I am not more organized or engaged in my classes, I might actually be less of both. Having the iPads has only increased my knowledge of apple products. While I enjoy having the iPad in my classes, I feel that my grades have suffered since it's delivery.
I use the iPad at home so that my brother can use the desktop computer. I would still rather use that, but it is nice to have a second option. We have several coloring apps, one of which my niece really enjoys. I think this piece of technology is more helpful at home than in a classroom.
I don't think having the iPads has increased my learning ability, and I don't think they are as useful as everyone originally hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment