Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My iPad observations

The iPad has been such an adventure for all of us so far, giving us such things as joy in taking notes, easier access to research tools, and even allowing us acces to tools that none of us knew existed including online dictionary, calculators, ect. Each of us has had our own expenses with these devices, and all have experienced the good and the bad. A particularly good thing that I, personally, have gotten from is device, is the access to the online dictionary. In English class, a class in which I would never imagine an iPad would benefit, I find myself use it everyday in our vocabulary portion of class. There are many other times that I use it in my other classes, including taking notes on a whiteboard part of sundry notes in my pre calculus class. I have also noticed a few of the negative effects that th new device has encouraged. A few of the students have become distracted during regular class time, using the iPad as an excuse to go online when it is not necessary, to take pictures at their own leisure, and to listen to online music. Though these activities are tempting in hold of such a machine, they are not necessary for class and should be eliminated. I will not deny, I have found myself slipping off into nowhere land occasionally. There are also a few glitches with the programs installed on them. Sometimes the apps will shut down, or my notes will erase when I close the app. No matter what the effects, this opportunity has been amazing so far and has been increasing my educational expansions and encouraging further technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment