Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

iPad in the Classroom

       Being able to use an iPad in class has been an extremely beneficial experience. Having it has improved my note taking, study habits, and my overall understanding of content from various classes. I have found that using my iPad for notes has been not only much more efficient, but I am far more likely to look over my notes again later. Also, if I happen to miss a portion or an entire lecture, a friend of mine can always share with me their notes so I can fill in the missing pieces. 
      The camera app is also of great use to us. In my Graphic Communications class we are required to take step-by-step photos of our projects for them to be used in our portfolio later. With my iPad I can take the photos, upload them to Dropbox, and access them wheneverI need to.
      We have also used our iPads for more creative projects, particularly in my AP United States  history class. On one assignment, we had to create a poster that was made up of a collage of pictures. With the iPad, this was very easy. However, there are still some problems with printing. There is currently only one printer in our school capable of printing with an iPad, and certain applications will not allow us to print at all. Also, Dropbox will only allow us to upload photos from its mobile version so that application is of no use in this situation. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment