Followers

Monday, March 12, 2012

iPads in all classes

Upon first hearing that we were going to have the opportunity to experiment with iPads not only in APUSH, but also in my other classes I was rather excited. In AP it was easier to research something that I was unsure of, or even to take notes. Having the ability to type my notes is not only quicker, but easier. It saves space and allows for easier editing. I often use the iPad to type up my identifications which allows for an easy access to the studying that I need to do for the tests. In my other classes I have had the opportunity to use educreations in order to take whiteboard notes while recording the lesson. As the teacher is speaking and drawing on the smart board, I am able to draw the same figures and record her speaking, which allows for me to be able to review the class at home. This makes it easier to do my homework because I have a step by step process as an example. I have also used the iPad for vocabulary in english as a quick and easy way to find definitions, synonyms, and antonyms. A few problems that I have come across are the fact that every so often the iPad will glitch and close down the programs that I am working with. As inconvenient as this problem is, it is to be expected with any piece of technology. I have lost data that I really needed this way, but I have been able to get some of it back. Overall I feel as though the iPads have helped to expand our knowledge, not only of technology, but of the different resources we have available to us. This is a useful piece of technology that I hope will eventually be available to other students to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment